Orthophotography of Indiana, (2016):
Shows the IndianaMap cached REST Service (MapServer) of orthophotography for 24 counties in central Indiana, collected during leaf-off conditions in 2016.
It was produced using the original natural-color (4-band) orthophotography, with an established standard resolution of at least 1-foot.
In 2016, seventeen counties chose the standard 1-foot resolution, while seven counties chose to upgrade to imagery with 6-inch resolution:
- 1-foot - Bartholomew, Boon, Brown, Carroll, Cass, Clinton, Elkhart, Hamilton,
Hendricks, Howard, Johnson, Marion, Marshall, Pulaski, St. Joseph, Starke, and Tipton
- 6-inch - Fulton, Harrison, Jackson, Kosciusko, Monroe, Morgan, and Wabash
From 2016 to 2018, the State of Indiana undertook a 3-year program to acquire orthophotography for the entire state of Indiana,
(4-band RGBI, 1-foot resolution, option to buy up to 6-inch or 3-inch). The program divided the state into three acquisition areas:
center-portion - 24 counties (2016), eastern-portion - 39 counties (2017), and western-portion - 29 counties (2018).
NOTE: Due to flooding in 2018, 10 of the scheduled 29 counties in southwest Indiana were unable to be flown/acquired.
The State of Indiana's contract has extended through December 2019 with Woolpert to accomodate the acquisition, processing,
and delivery of these counties (Davies, Dubois, Knox, Martin, Perry, Pike, Posey, Spencer, Vanderburgh, and Warrick Counties).
ArcGIS REST Service Resources:
- "Orthos_2016" - IndianaMap cached REST Service (MapServer) - Shows 12 levels of detail, uses UTM Zone 16, NAD 1983 spatial reference (26916)
- "BestAvailableTiles" - State of Indiana cached REST Service (ImageServer) - Shows 20 levels of detail, uses the WGS 1984 spatial reference (3857)
- "BestAvailable" - State of Indiana REST Service (ImageServer) - Non-cached ImageServer service that uses the WGS 1984 spatial reference (3857)
Download imagery tiles from the Indiana Spatial Data Portal:
Access to Metadata and Tile-grid Indices:
- Orthos_2016_MetadataBundle.ZIP - Download the metadata bundle for the 2016 Orthos, as deliverd by Wolpert.
This zip file contains the original metadata files produced for the imagery tiles, as well as tile-grid indices for each county (Esri polygon shapefiles).
The imagery tiles for this project are referenced to the appropriate Indiana State Plane Coordinate System, East (2967) or West (2968) Zones,
as appropriately expressed in U.S. Survey Feet. Tiles which border the East/West State Plane divide shall
have overlapping tiles delivered in both projections.
- Horizontal Datum: North American Datum of 1983, NAD83/HARN
- Vertical Datum: North American Vertical Datum of 1988 (NAVD 88), Geoid 12A
- Units: U.S. Survey Feet